Pages

Saturday 30 December 2017

Book Review - Life's Forever Changed by Anne Stone

Title : Life's Forever Changed
Author : Anne Stone
Series : The Show me #0.5
Genre : Contemporary Romance
Source : Bought on Amazon

Blurb:

After Alejandro Alvarez’s best friend dies of kidney disease while in high school, Alejandro vows to change his life. Determined to help others suffering from his friend’s illness, he rejects joining his father’s pediatrics practice and instead trains as a nephrologist and a transplant surgeon. Fourteen years later, devotion to his career has rewarded him with a reputation as an excellent surgeon, but success has left him alone, with no family that he can call his own.

Pediatric Intensive Care Nurse Tammy Johansen is on duty when an infant must undergo a life-saving transplant. Working closely with famed surgeon Dr. Alejandro Alvarez, she sees the sensitive, lonely man beneath his professional exterior and wonders can such a man be interested in someone like her?

As they battle to save the tiny patient, Alejandro struggles with the emptiness within himself until the lovely and compassionate nurse at his side catches his attention. In that moment, one look at Tammy forever changes his life.

Life’s Forever Changed is the prequel to Anne Stone’s Show Me series.


My Musings :

When I started the book, I went in with a lot of expectations. I knew it's a prequel of sorts so it was very short and just took a few hours to finish the book in one sitting. But I was getting distracted while reading. The main reason was that it was a pretty straight forward love story. 

The story went like this - Tammy and Alejandro both know each other and fall in love with each other suddenly. I felt it was rather sudden and other than that, I was okay with the tale since it was fun getting to know them both in detail. Yes, they were well planned characters. And that kept the tedium to the minimum. 

The title hinted at something which would lead to major change. What I envisioned was totally opposite to what the change was. That was one twist which made reading the story worth it. And another thing was it was not riddled with passionate scenes. It was wholesome. That was another big plus in my opinion.

So I am actually interested enough to read Alejandro's main story now but as for continuing the series, I am not 100% sure.

My one line review : A pretty straight forward love story.

My rating : 3.5/5

My reread factor : 2.5/5

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to read and review Life's Forever Changed. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete